Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 November 2010

What is your daily mantra?


Your life is in Balance when your body, your mind and your soul are working in total harmony with your spirit. It means you are living your daily life in perfect alignment with your creative Source. It means you are nourishing your body with the correct health enrichment ingredients that enable you to become the healthy person that God had intended you to be. It means you are feeding your mind with the right information that is helping you to be in form in readiness for your total transformation. It means you are learning all the learnable skills that are enabling you to be making just those little changes you are making in the lives of various people around you. It means you are manifesting the meaning of your life on earth through the things you do moment by moment.
You feel total balance in your life the moment you have recognised and accepted that you are responsible for resolving your own human problems in your life. Response-ability, they say, means the ability to respond to your external stimuli.  It means your ability to make your own decisions. It means your ability to make your own choices. It means you are no longer afraid of taking direct personal responsibility for your actions or inactions. It means you can take any action toward meeting your heart’s desires without depending on anyone else. It means you have won the blame game. We all play this game when we find someone to blame for what we think is not in balance in our life.
No one can resolve your problem. No government can tell you how to live your life. No government can tell you what to eat or drink. It is your responsibility to decide how you want to live your life. Some people have the habit of pushing their problems aside. They expect other people to solve their problems for them. They allow their daily problems to stack up and wishing that they would somehow disappear by means of some miracles. The reality is that such people are only pushing their problem to the next day. The next day, the chicken will come home to roost. Little do they realise that next day already has its own problems awaiting it. The problem you have failed to address today would be too happy to join forces with the problem of tomorrow. This leads to much bigger problems for tomorrow’s resources to cope with. The combined resources you will need to resolve both problems could be much greater than the sum of its parts. The cumulative effects of non-resolution of your daily problems would begin to give you stressful feelings. Stressful feeling is what you get when you do not know what you are doing. Prolong stressful feelings can increase your chance of developing high blood pressure. This could result in all sorts of dis-eases including cardiac arrest.
The starting point for resolving a problem and bring your life back to balance is to accept that the problem exists in the first instance. Some people live their entire life not accepting that they have a problem that they need to resolve. They are afraid of accepting the reality of life. This happens to parents when they refuse a doctor’s diagnosis that their son or daughter has a serious medical condition that needs urgent life saving operation. They would refuse to accept that such condition even exit and would refuse any such operation.
It is wisdom to live your life today as if there would be no tomorrow. If possible, you should always endeavour to resolve the problem of today as if you would not be alive to resolve it tomorrow. If I have a serious health problem and my doctor tells me that the underlying cause is smoking, I would take the first step that same day to quit smoking. The decision has to come from me. No one can force me to stop. It has to come from my mind. No government can force me to stop smoking. It becomes more challenging for me to stop if smoking has been part of my lifestyle. No member of my family can force me to stop. No amount of therapy can make me to stop if the decision does not come from my inside. It happened to me many years ago when I suddenly stopped smoking. I stopped the habit I had picked up at a very young age. I stopped smoking on the day I recognised the sacredness of my body. I stopped smoking the moment I started to become aware of my reason for living. I stopped smoking on the day I changed my question from what life had for me to what I had for life. I stopped smoking on the day I decided to accept my responsibility to my family.  I changed from a chain smoker to a non-smoker. It was a sustainable change because I had a reason for the change. For you to make any sustainable change in your life, you must diligently search for a reason for the change.  
They say there is no problem without a solution. This statement is true in every aspect of my life. I have learnt to create an imaginary empty space somewhere in my life. The space is always available for me to store any problem for which I cannot find an immediate solution. I create the imaginary space to look like a wardrobe with hooks for hanging clothes. The hooks are of various sizes depending on the size of the problem. I hang in there every problem that defiles an immediate solution. I regularly visit the space to check if the problem is still hanging there. In almost all cases, a solution comes just after a couple of days. As far as my problem resolution exercise is concerned, I can hardly multi-task. I focus on one problem at a time. If there is no immediate solution, I simply go to my space, hang up the problem there and move on with my life. This way, I have managed to rise over and above any problem. My daily mantra is “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference”. What is yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers