Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 October 2010

Coaching: A Win/Win Relationship?

What I passionately love about coaching is the feeling I get shortly before and after each coaching session.  This is a feeling I can best describe as magical. This is because, before every coaching session, I spend a few moments on meditation. I retire to a quiet place to observe some moments of silence. I spend a few moments in total silence both in mind and in body. During those magical moments, I remain still and oblivious of what may be going on around me. The short period of stillness allows me to hear messages that my ordinary ears cannot hear. It sets my mind free from negative thoughts. It opens my mind to creative ideas to help my clients. It enables me to approach them with love and kindness. It expands the scope of my understanding of who they are. It helps me to see the success they already are. It helps me to see how much they are already blessed. It helps to align my thoughts with their thoughts.
Each meditative session overwhelms me with a feeling of happiness, a feeling of purpose and a feeling of self-fulfilment. This becomes the feeling I take into the coaching session with my clients. I have found this highly infectious. Each session flows effortlessly like river without any need for me to push. The conversational approach I have adopted to coaching enables my clients to feel very relaxed.  
The client leaves each session feeling good about him or herself both inside and outside. This is also the feeling I take away from each session. It does not matter whether I am coaching face to face or over the telephone, the experience is the same. Every coaching session opens with a mindset that both of us must take something positive away at the end of the session. I belief coaching, as a personal performance tool, is a Win/Win relationship. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers