Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 July 2013

The Patient Widow

In a certain town in biblical time, there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought about him. There was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with a plea for justice, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

The judge refused. The widow persisted. She never felt any rejection. She kept knocking on the door of justice. Finally, and really finally... the judge reneged, changed his mind and said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

The fact that the judge finally favoured the widow for his selfish purpose was irrelevant. What gave justice to the widow was her Patience and Persistence.

When your determination to achieve anything in any area of your life is greater than any obstacle put in your way, you can count on Patience and Persistence to overcome them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers