Total Pageviews

Friday 30 September 2011

The Cross

Each time I reflect on the Cross, all I see is an image of a young man of 33 years of age hanging on a tree. I see a figure of an innocent man whose hands and feet are securely nailed to the tree. 

I begin to feel his pains. I see him dying slowly while gasping for breath. His mother, friends and close relatives watch helplessly in sorrow unable to do anything to safe him. Knowing he is going through the last moments of his short but purposeful life, he turns to his executors and asks for their forgiveness.  

I imagine this young man to be my son paying the ultimate price for having the audacity to challenge the status quo, for daring to say the truth even when it hurts, for having the moral courage to protect the interests of the poor and needy and for his unstoppable desire to defend the cause of the socially excluded, hard-to-reach and voiceless members of the community.

Whilst I am feeling the agony of a mortal father for losing his son, I am also feeling the pride of being the father of such as a hero. So is his immortal Father.

Lord, I thank you for paying such a high price in order for me to know the truth. Now I am free. What about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers