Total Pageviews

Monday 20 February 2012

Do you really think you can be in another person's shoes?

To be in another person's shoes is easier said than done. I proved this statement to myself last week. I wanted to be in the shoes of a blind friend.
The task looked simple at first. It was to make two cups of tea while wearing blindfold goggles. First, I had to find my way, blindfolded, to the kitchen from the living room. In the kitchen, I managed to locate the electric kettle, filled it with water and switched it on. I then managed to find two cups, two tea bags, teaspoon, sugar and milk.
Even with the benefit of familiarity of what was where, I had to remove the goggles before I could complete the task.
I now know better that trying to be in another person's shoes is much easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers